- Carrots 3 large sized (or 400g approx)
- Ground Sunflower Seeds 150g (1 cup)
- Ground Pumpkin Seeds 150g (1 cup)
- Garlic Cloves 2
- Fresh Rosemary 1 heaped tablespoon
- Fresh Parsley 1 heaped tablespoon (or 1 heaped teaspoon dried)
- Sea Salt 1 teaspoon
- Chop the (unpeeled, but scrubbed) carrots into small pieces. Boil or steam until soft. Drain and then mash.
- Grind seeds in a nut mill to make seed meal.
- Crush garlic and finely chop rosemary and parsley.
- Mix seed meal, carrots and all other ingredients together.
- Firmly press mixture into a loaf tin (lined with parchment paper). A 1kg loaf tin works well (approx 20x10x6cm). Make sure that you press really firmly to encourage the binding process – if you are too timid, it tends to fall apart. If you get it just right, then it magically forms into a perfectly sliceable loaf.
- Bake in a preheated oven at gas mark 6 (200˚C/400˚F) for approximately 45 minutes.
- Gently lift from the loaf tin by pulling out the loaf along with the parchment paper. Turn over onto a bread board and slice with a bread knife.