- Almonds 200g
- Whole Garlic Cloves 5
- Brown Onion 2 Large
- Ground Cumin 4 Tsp
- Ground Coriander 2 Tsp
- Chilli Powder 2 Tsp
- Lime Juice 2 Tbsp
- Chicken Stock 1 Cup
- Water 2 Cups
- Tomato Paste 50g
- Butter 30g
- Seafood (Peeled prawns, Fish Fillets, Mussels, Squid etc) 600g Diced
- Red Capsicum 1/2 of a whole
- Fresh Coriander 1 Handful
- Lemon Juice 1 Tbsp
- Tomato 1 Whole
- Macadamia Oil 20g
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Corn Tortillas 10
To Make Almond Sauce
- Weigh in 200g of Almonds into Thermomix Bowl and process until it becomes a powder consistency, speed 10 for 20 seconds.
- Set aside.
- Add 2 of the Garlic Cloves to Thermomix Bowl, speed 7, 2 seconds.
- Add Onion to Thermomix Bowl, speed 6, 2 seconds.
- Scrape down bowl with spatula, weigh in the butter.
- Add the 1/2 the ground cumin, 1/2 the ground coriander seeds, 1/2 the chilli powder and salt & pepper to taste.
- Saute the garlic, onions and spices in the butter for 2 minutes, temp 100°, speed 1.
- When finished, add the almond meal, the chicken stock, water and tomato paste.
- Cook for 20 Minutes, Temp 100°, speed 2.
- When finished, set aside in thermoserver to keep warm.
- Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl
Make the Tortillas
You can used store bought tortillas, but you can also make them, following my recipe here: http://www.7meals7days.com/?recipe=corn-tortillas They can be made while the almond sauce is cooking.
Preheat the oven to 180°c or 160°c fan forced.
Prepare the seafood
- Dice the seafood (e.g fish fillets) you are using into 2cm x 3cm, or just use whole peeled prawns, scallops or mussels.
- Set aside
- Put the remaining 3 garlic cloves & Fresh coriander into the Thermomix bowl, speed 7, 4 seconds.
- Add the other onion, capsicum, tomato, speed 6, 2 seconds.
- Scrape down mixing bowl.
- Add cumin, ground coriander, chilli, salt & pepper and lemon juice.
- Weigh in macadamia oil.
- Cook for 3 minutes, temp 100° for 3 minutes.
- Add diced seafood and slowly mix through reverse, speed 1 for 10 seconds until combined.
- Place seafood mixture into tortillas, evenly divided between the 10, and roll into burritos.
- Assemble into a lasagne dish.
- Pour over the pre-made almond sauce, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings such as Guacamole.