- Popcorn Kernels 3/4 Cup
- Dried Pitted Dates 200g
- Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut Oil 100g
- Pink Himalayan Salt Crystals 2 Tsp
Cook the popcorn
- Add 20g (1 tbsp) of the coconut oil to a large pot (make sure it has a lid) and heat on high until melted
- Add the popcorn kernels, and secure the lid.
- When the popcorn begins to pop, remove from heat for 30 seconds.
- Return to the heat, swirling the pot intermittently
- When the popping sound stops, remove from heat and place popcorn in a large bowl.
Prepare the salted caramel
- In the Thermomix, weigh in 200g of pitted dates. Chop on speed 7 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides.
- Add the 80g of coconut oil and the salt crystals.
- Heat for 1 minute, temp 70°, speed 2.
- The coconut oil and date mixture, will separate in the bowl, this is fine.
- Put 4 cups of the cooked popcorn mixture in a large square tin (Approx 25 x 25cm)
- Scrape out the warm date mixture into the popcorn, and slowly combine with your hands.
- You will see it coming together as you rub the mixture through the popcorn. (kids love helping with this sticky step)
- Once thougroughly combined, press down firmly into the slice tin and set in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Slice into squares.
Makes around 15-20 squares depending on size.