- Roasted Pistacchios (shelled) 50g
- Whole Almonds 20g
- Cumin Seeds 20g
- Coriander Seeds 10g
- Fennel Seeds 5g
- Sesame Seeds 10g
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Ground Black Pepper 1 Tsp
- Egg 1 Whole (59g)
- Milk 1/2 Cup (Can use non-diary such as almond, rice)
- Veal 600g (Schnitzel Slices)
- Coconut Oil 50g for frying the veal
Make the Dukkah in the Thermomix
- Weigh in the pistachios and almonds.
- Make into a meal, speed 9 for 20 seconds.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds.
- Grind speed 10 for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add the nut meal back, sesame seeds, with the salt & pepper.
- Mix on speed 3 for 10 seconds, until well combined.
- Set aside on a plate.
Coat the veal with the crumb and cook
- Add the egg and milk to the thermomix bowl
- Mix on speed 4 until well combined.
- Place in a flat bowl, ready to coat veal.
- Place the dukkah and egg mix side by side, with a clean plate and the veal ready to crumb.
- Place each flat piece of veal in the egg mix, then coat on each side with the dukkah.
- Put coated veal on the clean plate ready to cook.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan on high heat, until sizzling.
- When hot, add two of the veal pieces and fry for around 30 seconds on each side, until the crumb is golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel, repeat process until all pieces are cooked.
Serve with roasted potatoes and fresh greens.