- Osso Bucco Cuts of Beef 1-1.5kg (4 Pieces)
- Brown Onion 1 Whole
- Garlic Cloves 3 Whole
- Fresh Tomatoes 500g
- Carrot 1 Whole
- Celery Whole Stalk
- Liquid Beef Stock 1 Cup
- Italian Herbs Handful (Oregano, Basil)
- Salt & Pepper To Season
- Red Wine 1 Cup
- Corn Flour 1/2 Cup
- Oil for Cooking 1 Tbsp
- Parmesan Cheese Grated to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°c
- In a large heavy based casserole dish, heat the oil on the stove top
- Coat the osso bucco in salt & pepper & the flour
- Fry in batches until sealed on each side
- Set aside
- Mince the garlic and herbs and dice the tomatoes, onion, celery and carrots.
- Add the garlic, herbs and vegetables to the dish
- Saute until just cooked.
- Add the osso bucco back to the pan
- Pour the stock and red wine over the meat
- Stir through the tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Put a lid on the casserole dish, and cook in the oven for 3-4 hours.
- Serve into individual bowls with grated Parmesan cheese
Tip: Serve with gnocchi or mashed potato. Can be done in the slow cooker, rather than the oven, cook for 5 hours minimum in slow cooker.