- Lamb Backstraps 4 Whole (800g)
- Ground Cumin 2 Tablespoons
- Ground Coriander 1 Tablespoon
- Ginger Root Powder 1/2 Tsp
- Tumeric Powder 1 Tsp
- Chilli Powder 1 Tsp
- Cayenne Pepper 1 Tsp
- Salt 1 Tsp
- Ground Black Pepper 1 Tsp
- Oil for frying 1 Tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c
- Mix the spices together in a bowl, until blended well
- Pour spice mix onto a flat plate
- Coat each backstrap with the spice mix, all over.
- Heat oil in the pan or bbq plate until hot.
- Sear the lamb on all sides, until browned and well sealed.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes
- Slice into slices and serve.