- Chickpeas (soaked) 250g
- Red Lentils (cooked) 350g
- Garlic 2 Cloves
- Ground Cumin 1 Tbsp
- Ground coriander 1/2 Tbsp
- Cayenne Pepper 1/2 Tsp
- Sea Salt 1/2 Tsp
- Black Pepper 1/2 Tsp
- Lemon Juice 1 Tsp
- Tapioca Starch 2 Tbsp
- Cook the lentils according to packet directions (1 cup of uncooked lentils is approx 350g of cooked lentils) -strain and set aside to cool
- Boil the soaked chickpeas for 15 minutes- Strain and set aside
- Add Garlic cloves to the Thermomix bowl, mince speed 7 for 3 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add the cooked chickpeas & lentils, spices, lemon juice and tapioca flour.
- Combine together, speed 6 for 1 minute. Repeat if necessary, scraping down the bowl in between.
- Shape into golf sized balls.
- Heat oil into heavy based pan, until sizzling. Place balls in pan in batches, pressed down with spatula.
- Cook for approx 3-4 minutes, each side, until golden brown.
Serve with minted yoghurt or hummus.
Makes around 20 patties