- Potatoes 1000g (peeled) Cut into Quarters
- Plain Gluten Free Flour 300g
- Psylium Husk 2 Tbsp
- Egg 2 Whole
- Salt 2 Tsp
- Olive Oil 1 Tbsp
For best results, I recommend using sebago, desiree or other all rounder potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until just tender. Make sure you do not over cook, they should be on the stove for around 15-20 minutes, max.
- Drain the potatoes and leave aside to cool for around 1 hour in the fridge.
- Place the cool potatoes in a thermomix, add the eggs, 1 tsp of salt, psylium husk and 150g of the flour.
- Mix on speed 4 for around 30 seconds until combined.
- On a clean, flat bench surface, coat with flour, and place the sticky dough.
- Make a well in the centre and add the rest of flour, folding and kneading it into the dough until well combined.
- Break dough into 8 sections, and roll each section into a snake shape about 2cm thick.
- Cut the snake into 2cm pieces and set aside.
- Bring a pot of boiling water with 1 tsp salt and the olive oil.
- Cook the gnocchi in batches, removing from water with a slotted spoon when it rises to the top.
- Serve with pesto, or a home-made pasta sauce.