- Puffed Rice 2 Cups
- Dried Pitted Dates 150g
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil 50g
- Vanilla Essence 1 Tsp
- Put Dates in food processor or thermomix bowl, process until a smooth paste forms, (sp. 8 TM) for around 30 seconds. Repeat if necessary.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla essence to the bowl, and melt mixture, 1 minute, temp. 60, sp.2 if you don’t have a Thermomix, process all the ingredients, then melt together over medium heat in a saucepan for around 2 minutes.
- Add puffed rice to a large bowl, pour warm mixture over puffed rice, using spatula to get out the thick date mixture.
- Use your hands to combine the mixture through the puffed rice until well combined and sticky.
- Transfer mixture to a slice tin that is covered with baking paper, press firmly into tin until evenly distributed and tightly packed. Put in the fridge for 2 hours, slice into bars and serve.
Makes around 12 Bars