- Chicken Mince 700g
- Diced Tomatoes 1 400g can
- Tomato Paste 140g
- Garlic 2 Whole Cloves
- Brown Onion 1 Whole
- Zucchini 1 Whole
- Fresh Herbs (Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Basil, etc.) A few sprigs
- Chicken Stock Powder 1 Tsp
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Dripping 1 Tbsp for frying
This wholesome Chicken tomato casserole recipe can be used as a pasta topping, lasagne filling, on rice, in a pie or served with vegetables or mashed potato. We love it with zoodles (zucchini noodles).
- Chop onions, zucchini and mince garlic.
- In a large, deep frypan, heat the oil and brown the chicken mince and salt and pepper on medium heat, breaking it up as you go, but leaving it as chunks.
- Add the diced onion, diced zucchini, garlic and fresh herbs. Mix through and stir occasionally until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the chicken stock powder, mix through.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and let simmer for around 20 minutes on low heat. You can put the mixture in a slow cooker for a few hours, if preferred.
Serve with your favourite sides, with parmesan on top or a dollop of a cheese substitute.
Note: You can mince chicken thighs in your thermomix, simply cut into chunks, and put in bowl, process on speed 8 for 20 seconds.